Alaska’s cruise passenger head tax could end up falling from to $46 to $19.50 on most inside passage itineraries, according to the final bill Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell submitted late last week.
The 59% reduction would more than double the 25% cut that Parnell proposed less than two weeks ago, because the new bill contains a provision to offset local head taxes in Juneau and Ketchikan, of $8 and $7, respectively.
- Get Closer to the Alaskan Wilderness – Small Ship Cruises
- 7 Night Adventure Alaska Cruise Contest
- Alaska Rainforest Zip Line Excursion
- M.S. Veendam Bell – Holland America Lines
- 2012 Holland America Alaska Cruise Video
- Win an Alaska Cruise for 4 on Holland America Lines
- Hubbard Glacier, Alaska Cruise Video
- Glacier Helicopter Tour Excursion
Browse by TagsAlaska Alaska Cruise Excursions Alaska Indian Arts Alaska Travel Industry Association Anchorage Arctic Brotherhood bald eagle Cruise Tour Denali Disenchantment Bay environment fiord fjord floatplane Fort Seward glacier Haines helicopter Holland America Lines Juneau Ketchikan Mendenhall Glacier Misty Fiords National Monument Norweigan Cruise Lines Parnell Princess Cruises railroad rainforest Red Onion Saloon Restaurants salmon Sitka Skagway Spa stateroom Taquan Air tax Tlingit Tongass totem pole train travel agent Vancouver Video White Pass and Yukon Route zip line